Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business from water damage or improper temperatures under humid conditions. Here at SERVPRO of Alachua County West, we have the proper training, equipment, and know-how to handle any mold issue that may arise in your home or business. We are licensed mold remediators in the State of Florida, and know the ins and outs of proper mold remediation compliant with state statutes, but if you have never had a mold issue before what do you do if you suspect mold?
- Contact a state licensed mold assessor to not only test for mold, but also for any air quality issues that may be related to your mold issues.
- Once a Protocol for mold remediation has been developed by your mold assessor for your home, contact SERVPRO of Alachua County West with your results to schedule walk-through of your home to estimate the remediation to take place so remediation can begin as soon as possible.
- Once remediation is complete your mold assessor will come back to your home or business and test that the mold has been properly remediated.
In the State of Florida, your mold remediation contractor cannot test, or assess for mold. This is mean to protect you, the home or business owner from un-licensed and shoddy mold remediation.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (352) 374-6589
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Gainesville West / Alachua County West for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Gainesville West / Alachua County West has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- University of Florida
- Turkey Creek
- High Springs