Take the puzzle out of Water Mitigation
Next week we will be celebrating not only Thanks Giving, but also National Game and Puzzle week. For the most part games puzzles are fun, but when it comes to emergency water services in your home, those puzzle pieces can become frustrating and emotional as you try to piece them together. Call SERVPRO of Alachua County West to take the puzzle out of mitigating your water damage. We can start off by setting up an Emergency Ready plan, so you can be prepared before disaster strikes. Your ERP will give you all the information you need right at your fingertips on your mobile phone and also give access to anyone you choose, such as an employee or manager. Meanwhile, if you have or have not yet had SERVPRO of Alachua Count West set-up your ERP here are some important steps to follow in solving the puzzle of water damage in your home or business:
What To Do After Flooding
- Turn off source of water if known
- Call your insurance provider (if applicable) to start the claims process
- Contact your preferred restoration company (SERVPRO of Alachua County West) to get their emergency response team on the way.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.