What To Do When Discovering Mold
You walk into your business and something smells like mildew. Can you see something on a wall or ceiling that just doesn't look right? If so, you may have mold.
If you see visible mold, the best thing is do not disturb it. You can accidentally spread the mold infestation throughout your office, store, or warehouse when you touch it. When mold is disrupted, it can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your building.
Here is what you should do:
- Stay out of the affected areas.
- Turn off the air conditioning or heating system and all fans as they circulate the spores through the duct system to other areas.
- Contact SERVPRO of Gainesville West/Alachua County West on how to proceed with mold remediation services.
Here is what you should not do:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not attempt to dry the area yourself, especially with fans or blowers.
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Gainesville West/Alachua County West specializes in mold cleanup and restoration! We have highly-trained technicians and specialized equipment and techniques to remediate your mold problem quickly and safely from cleaning the area to reconstruction, if needed.
So if something smells bad or you spot actual mold spores blossoming in your workplace, don't hesitate to contact us for the health safety of your employees and customers. In Florida, the humid climate is ripe for mold, especially if you have a slow leak from a water pipe, roof or building damage that has allowed water to seep in.