What to Do If You See or Suspect Mold
Mold is a common part of life in Florida's wet and humid climate and can wreak havoc on your home or business site if left untreated.
Why worry about mold? If left undetected and untreated, it can grow rapidly and affect the structural integrity of your home. It has been linked to health effects and can ruin the contents of your home, as well as creating an unpleasant musty smell. An unexpected finding of mold during a home inspection can also impact ability to buy/resell a property.
Maybe you are starting to notice a musty odor or worse, you see some questionable spots appearing.
You see or suspect mold...what next?
You should call a professional mold remediation company like SERVPRO Gainesville West/Alachua West. We can perform a site visit and assess the area, as well as look for hidden mold. If you have visible mold, the damage often extends beyond what you can see.
An independent mold testing company should also perform testing. We work with your insurance company throughout the mold remediation process.
It may be tempting to attempt treating the mold growth yourself to save money, but this is a job really best left to the professional experts like SERVPRO.
Why let SERVPRO professionals handle mold remediation?
- As a licensed mold remediation company, we have years of experience providing this service
- Our crew uses proper personal protective equipment to avoid mold exposure and cross contamination during removal
- We are knowledgeable in setting up containment areas to avoid disturbing and spreading the mold spores around to even more areas in your home.
- As per Florida state law, we use a separate mold inspection company to independently test levels before and after to ensure our removal is successful
- Our technicians receive certification and ongoing education to follow best practices (learn more about our training & certifications)
If you are concerned about mold, give us a call right away at 352-374-6589!