Problems with mold in your Gainesville home
Mold occurs naturally almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors, and this makes it nearly impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level.
In Florida, with the high humidity and temperatures, it is the perfect environment for mold to emerge – especially if your air conditioning unit goes out or you have a leak you are unaware of inside a wall or under a sink or appliance, like your refrigerator, washing machine or dishwasher.
Here are five areas to be aware of to avoid mold scenarios:
- Mold grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall wood, carpet, fabric, and upholstery.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants. Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Mold in your home can require cleaning, sanitizing, demolition, removal, or other treatment, of mold or mold-contaminated matter.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 24 to 72 hours and quick action to deal with the problem is critical.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Gainesville West-Alachua County West can assist you. Our technicians are trained in mold remediation and we can have your property restored in a timely manner and make it “Like it never even happened.”